Sunday, April 24, 2016

Off To Paradise/Good News

On Tuesday I had a visit to the ENT doctor to look at my hearing, breathing and eating. Lots of complications little and big from the cancer treatments.which caused dry mouth, some loss of hearing and  sometimes my sinuses make breathing at night difficult. But these are actually getting slightly better in that I am learning how to deal with the dry mouth, Susan has adjusted the volume of her voice and I hear her better and she says my breathing is less bad when I am sleeping. The ENT doctor said one ear is better, keep my sinuses hydrated and I may need to get checked out for sleep apnea. But she offered some really good news, she looked at the PET scan results and while she can see that the radiologist is concerned that there is some brightness and would not give a clear interpretation of the test she feels the results are really quite good. The tumor itself is gone, the lymph nodes are good and there should be no surprise that there is inflammation in the area I had a biopsy, heavy radiation and difficult swallowing for some time. Her review with her scope shows significant inflammation remains which would have to show up on a PET scan. 


So we are off to Rarotonga! Leaving in a few minutes, our son Michael is driving us to the airport. On our way! People ask why I keep wanting to go back to Rarotonga and thanks to a friend who said, “You do because it is your ‘Happy Place’!”  It’s not the big adventure trip, it is the lay back and rest trip. The look at the beautiful fish swimming, tropical drinks and amazing sunsets trip. And its a spiritual place, good for my soul.

Tap Tapu Tapu 



2 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful, healing trip. I'm sure we'll see pictures of paradise when your return.

    Love, Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. As nice blog,but you could have made this blog more cool but all the same you have done a good job:)) http://awriter.org/grademiners-com-review

    ReplyDelete