Monday, September 28, 2015

First Dance



Susan & I drove across town  yesterday for a dance session in Culver City. We have been there a few times before.  We only know the DJ and a few of the people but it is a good session, only for moments can I get past the worry and tension in my body but I do dance, my eyes are on fire, I see the aliveness in all those there.  She plays a song I think is from Haana, I twirl when I can, it was the right place to be. Afterwards we have lunch at Govinda’s Restaurant at the Hare Krishna Temple nearby, healthy food, I eat a lot of it. I am having trouble putting on weight, even this early in the process. 
That night my son, Michael, and his girlfriend, Sidney came over to visit. We just hang out and talk and have dinner It's always nice to see him, although he lives nearby in Long Beach (45 miles) we don’t get together often, more contact by phone and email.
Our other son, Aaron, sent video messages from the grandchildren, saying, "we love you grandpa Frank".


Clear The  Calendar

There are planned events coloring many days of our calendar. Time to clear them all off. Some we might be able to make but it is known that there are vast ranges of energy in the treatment cycle so firm commitments are right out. Susan cancels a scheduled silent retreat at Asilomar with Adyashanti in early December. I have a 65th birthday bash planned for October 30th, there will be another time and purpose in a later celebration.  My whole family is planning on a get together in Las Vegas in Dec, I tell them that is a maybe. I call my Masonic Lodge where I am Treasurer and inform them I will not be active for a while, they understand being of a similar vintage.


Why


I am writing this blog for three reasons; first is to clarify my own thoughts and organize my experiences, second is to have a channel to communicate with family & friends (if they want to check in) what is going on with me without my having to send out announcements or field calls about my condition (but calling to talk is fine) and third there may be others ‘out there’ who are going through a difficult life event and dealing with it by prayer, meditation, yoga or, who knows maybe fly fishing. I hope they may find something useful in my engagement with my cancer treatment through music & dance.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you decided to do this blog. Yes, this is a positive way of communicating and, in my opinion, helping your body heal. Hang in there - we love you.

    ReplyDelete