Friday, January 29, 2016

Half Zumba




Finally, after more than two months I bring myself back to my Zumba class. Kim, the teacher and the regulars are happy to see me and say how great I look. Looks like ‘thin is in’. There is no faster way to lose 25 pounds but I wouldn’t recommend what I have been through. My energy is way below Zumba level. I take up a place in the back and watch all the energetic bodies launching themselves into routines. I said half Zumba but I am actually below a quarter Zumba, I only move around for half the class sitting out some of the songs and at a much lowered energy level. Susan is moving in front of me, dancing and getting all her fitness points. Yet there is a value in just being there. We leave and I am tired but a good tired. Its going to take a long time to get back in shape but its great to have activities that call me to participate. So much better than my food recovery which is slow, limited and while I can eat a few more things, food in general is still of no interest to me and I have to eat by the clock. 

One of the classic Zumba pieces, I do this once at home and I am exhausted, someday,,,,




No comments:

Post a Comment