Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Let's Dance

And on Monday I return to dance. It is mostly wonderful. Friends, hugs, body movement. Two minor downsides, I do not move freely, other dancers  launch themselves into routines that I used to be able to do, now I watch and move slowly around. And the session turns into a remembrance of David Bowie, http://tinyurl.com/y7q8awj5  the DJ works a number of his songs into the music flow. I dance for about an hour. Have my heart monitor on and I get some good exercise in as well as the movement benefits of dance. I am tired a lot on Tuesday but its a good tired. Eating is getting a bit better. I still have one hole in my mouth and a sensitive tongue but I am starting to be able to taste some things and I now can eat a few more soups and Chinese food that doesn’t have spices. This makes it a bit easier on Susan as I can pick up something so she doesn’t have to cook all the time. 


On Wednesday Susan and I meet our friends Nancy and John for my first outing around the Rose Bowl. This is a three mile walk. I used to wear a weight vest and carry hand weights and I could not get more that a couple minutes of ‘fitness’ on my exercise heart monitor. Now, unladen, I toddled around and the heart monitor indicates a real workout. Afterwards I am tired but a good tired. Fitness is slowly returning. Improvements are so slow in coming, at least the direction is a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment