Saturday, December 26, 2015

A Christmas Miracle

In A Course In Miracles we are reminded that “there is no order magnitude in miracles’”. And so it is around Christmas this year. This ‘small miracles’ are miracles enough. Two weeks out from the last radiation and  the last day of the third chemo treatment period things are getting better slowly. 
Yesterday I drove a little. Not far but enough to know I can drive if I need to. Today I walked around the block for the first time but by far best of all, I tasted some soup yesterday. Up to now all food has  been like medicine, pretty much tasteless and  painful to eat as well. Now the pain in my mouth is receding and somehow we decided to get some Chinese Wor Wonton soup based on it not being spicy and having good clean nutrition. It worked! I could even taste a little of it. Maybe 10%, maybe 2% of its flavor but thats  more than anything in the last eight weeks. I’m still not hungry but its wonderful to taste anything. 
And two days ago, on Christmas Eve I drove to the local restaurant (Panera) for breakfast. First time eating out even if it is just eggs. And on Christmas Eve and Christmas day my son Michael, his girlfriend Sidney and her Mom, visiting from Florida, came for a long visit. I am stunned that such a slight improvement in my physical condition can make such a huge difference in my being able to be with others. I’m still trying to decide whether this is a holiday to remember or hopefully forget. But if I remember it, it will be remembered as a  miracle.


No comments:

Post a Comment