Thursday, December 10, 2015

Begin Again



In our Monday night dance the music comes in two sets of waves. Towards the end of the first set the pace slows down and people often go into yoga rest pose, sitting meditation or walking meditation. The DJ calls us to join the next wave with the invasion to ‘begin again’. From where we are, right here right now. 

So I am called with this process. It is not only not over, its closer to half time than finished. I have completed the 35th radiation treatment. Our friends Bob & Bya go with Susan and I for the last session. It takes forever today. Radiation treatments are running behind and we wait a long time. Our friends are patient and supporting. Susan gets to see the X-ray machine.  We wait even more time to meet with the oncology doctor. She says things are looking good. She says nothing will change tomorrow. With luck, in a few days I will notice decreases in pain and by next week may notice changes start to take place as my body recovers. I am achy, tired and in pain but it is still mentally warming to know that the treatments are over. Things may get better slowly but they should not get worse, which always hung over the medical prospect before. 

Sunset on Sunset. I have been going to the Kaiser hospital on Sunset Boulevard these 35+ times now. Tomorrow will be the first weekday(besides Thanksgiving) in 7 weeks that I will not be going there. I can sleep in and can adjust my eating and meds to suit my being at home. And Susan or another friend will not be occupied with driving me. Should free up some time and energy for her. 

I will hold up posting for a bit. I will come back if some insight or something worthwhile pops into my head during the healing process. The purpose of the blog was to follow my treatment and to keep interested people up to date, I trust it has done that. Call or write, check back when you want, thank you all for reading and being part of the network of family and friends who have supported me.


A little premature as I do not feel like I am ‘standing’ yet it feels like the time to cue the theme song; ‘I’M So Glad I’m Standing Here Today’ 


https://tinyurl.com/y7focey2

1 comment:

  1. Frank - So glad the treatment is over and you can start to heal. Looking forward to seeing you next week. Sending love & healing energy from AZ.

    ReplyDelete