Monday, December 7, 2015

Chemo Brain/Mr Sandman


Sunday is a strange day, not so much the various pains and food challenges but one more mental. Often in my life I hear songs in my head. I think a lot of people do, I just hear a lot of them. And it not usually a problem, rarely does one get stuck in my head. Generally its like a juke box/playlist and if I don’t like what I’m hearing I just choose the next selection. But not today. When looking for the link for ‘Round And Round’ by Perry Como for the ring posting I  come across a song from the 50s I cannot get out of my head, its Mr Sandman by The Chordettes. Hearing it once might be ok but it will not stop. My brain is like that. I have heard it called ‘chemo brain’ maybe radiation brain too? I cannot always process words and prefer reading short internet postings than reading a book or newspaper. My whole attention span is shot, Susan notices it more than I do. 

Monday comes and it is a bit rough mostly due to lack of good sleep. If I sleep well the whole day just works better and there does not seem any way to assure that. Mr Sandman should be my friend. Still, rad treatment 33 is completed, two morel to go before the next phase.Susan is going to dance tonight, I hope its wonderful for her. I miss the pulses that clear the head and fill the spirit. I dream of dreaming.


See If Mr Sandman is your friedn or if an unwanted song gets stuck in your head, you have been warned:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CX45pYvxDiA

4 comments:

  1. One more to go!!! You can make it, then start recovering. Very impressed by how well you've managed on so many levels. Nancy and John

    ReplyDelete
  2. One more to go!!! You can make it, then start recovering. Very impressed by how well you've managed on so many levels. Nancy and John

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well if I've got my days right, then you are now officially DONE! I am so, so, so glad that's the case. Bring on the recovery. Adios Mr. C and adios the brutal cure. Rest, recover, renew. Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well if I've got my days right, then you are now officially DONE! I am so, so, so glad that's the case. Bring on the recovery. Adios Mr. C and adios the brutal cure. Rest, recover, renew. Much love!

    ReplyDelete