Friday, December 4, 2015

Turning Point


I was not sure when it would feel different with the end approaching, but it feels like the turning point has arrived. Today is the fourth remaining radiation treatment. Three more next week. It is pretty complicated managing pain medications but I have been sleeping so things seem to work out. My neck skin is pealing a bit, so far nota bigger problem that some have reported. May get a few of those in the last few days. I have eaten a bit less, the chemo treatment really makes me nauseous despite the anti nausea drugs. But I have built up enough weight buffer to make it over the next few days and I expect the nausea will decrease although I still will have not interest in eating. The chemo effects come in waves; nausea, energetic, tired and ‘normal’. The chemo will work for another week or two but the effects seem to wane after a week. Last radiation treatments next week. Then the recovery. Physically beat up but looking toward the light, and its getting brighter.

I’ll just call it a turning point.


Turning Point by Jimmy Cliff:https://tinyurl.com/ydfkwgbw















No comments:

Post a Comment