Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Bliss

Monday is a it rough day. I have enough energy that I can drive to the radiation session but Susan has to to drive back. I am focusing on eating. Food is not interesting and I need to keep up my weight and caloric intake. Susan makes up a food log  and I try to take in something like 2,000 calories. Mostly soft food: soups, protein drinks, ice cream and egg nog. So far its working I felt like I had a head ache in the back of my head, rubbed it a little and out comes a handful of hair. Chunks of beard are descending too. No playing Santa Claus for me this year. Not enough energy to go to Monday night dance. I could sit there and smile or walk around but my balance and energy are just shot right now. But there is still this daily progress, 14 down and 21 to go. Wednesday is the next chemo treatment and I am not looking forward to the waves of chemicals that will last for days and yet I know each day is closer to the end of the treatments. While I can’t dance, the music that is soothing to my soul are songs like ‘You Are Safe’ and more recently ‘Bliss’. 

Strange that a song called ‘Bliss’ would come present. Susan and I first heard it at Bhaktifest, a three day celebration in the desert featuring kirtan/chanting, yoga, lectures and some dance. The Sikh lady singing it was just on the event staff but everyone knew she had a good voice and one of the bands gave her a few minutes of their gig time to sing two songs. Big mistake, can’t remember anything about that band. She started singing and Susan and I were soon crying. A year later we heard her, now definitely on the program, and were crying again. Today I rock back and forth listening , singing,  crying. 


May Bliss find you wherever you are:http://tinyurl.com/oyuzlrw



2 comments:

  1. So beautiful are you - even with hair and beard falling out! Just blissed out on Bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Continuing to send you my love and wishes for the end of the process to come quickly. Have you ever been bald before? Wondering how that will look on you. Big love my friend.

    ReplyDelete