Saturday, November 21, 2015

Red Neck

A bunch of things are working: I am, I think, pushing down enough food and with some sleep aids and daily naps I am getting enough sleep. Mouth pain has been manageable with the ‘magic mouthwash’.  What has been hurting the last couple days is the skin on my neck. The Dr and rad techs say to use a salve, Aquaphor rather than the aloe I have been using. I use it and it does help but I understand that the neck skin can get seriously painful. I don’t know if it matters that I have pale white skin and used to joke that I would get sunburn from a picture of the sun. Or maybe skin type doesn’t matter with this kind of radiation.  And I am hoping that it does not get so bad that the skin becomes a major pain to deal with, one that would effect sleep and require more pain killers. 

Now I am officially a red neck. I put on my favorite red neck song and dance around with Susan. I have not been dancing much and it feels good just to move my body.


Come on, boogie along to Red Neck Jump by Humble Pie:

No comments:

Post a Comment