Sunday, October 25, 2015

A Night At The Opry

The weekend brings some recovery. Too tired to dance on Friday. On Saturday I have enough energy to walk around the farmers market and pick up some healthy food. We do a bit more shopping and I rest while Susan visits her mom. In the evening we meet good friends for a small dinner and go to the local Sierra Madre Playhouse which is running a Patsy Cline show. I also run into some lodge brothers & families there too. Remarkably well done show. 27 songs with small acts connecting her story. Professional, entertaining and even gets me absorbed enough to cheer me up. And thats with all the SAD C&W songs, ‘Crazy’, She’s Got You’ , ‘I Fall To Pieces’, Leaving’ On Your Mind”; come on, no happy music in there? Yet the raw emotions suck me in. Even now over years and music styles. Music is music and the only thing that would have been better was to have an open area to dance in, and the energy to move.

Sometimes a sad song hits the spot:

Crazy by Patsy Cline 



No comments:

Post a Comment