Wednesday, October 7, 2015

UCLA Again

Yesterday, Tuesday, we made the trek to UCLA again. We had arranged a ‘favorable’ time slot of 11AM thinking it would help with traffic. Despite leaving 1.5 hrs before the appointment we are just about on time and we were doing 70+ MPH for over half the 30 miles so driving around the UCLA area is just miserable. And we check alternate navigation routes and follow the best routes. I was thinking that if I needed a third visit I would just get a local hotel room to make life easier.

I pick up the two appliances, the tooth guard and the radiation stent, which needed more fitting. Nice Dr. but again pretty depressing; first she smiles and says “you’ll be fine” and then reminds me, based on the max radiation treatment, of the non recovery of parts of the mouth and the tooth care protocols I will be following for the rest of my life.  I guess by “you’ll be fine” she means not dead as opposed to vibrant health. 

I made the Masonic Lodge meeting last night. Nice friends who are concerned about me. I leave a bit early to go home and take a pain pill. I will not be in regular attendance for some time and they understand that. Many offers of help, fortunately I have the logistics pretty well thought out but its nice to know there are folks who will help if I need it.

Just not feeling great, my jaw/neck/side of my head ache. I have been on acetaminophen 24/7 for a few months now so either the pressure is increasing or the medication is becoming less effective. I have a stronger medication but am trying to avoid going down that route. And the medical communications are just not cheery.  

A friend sends a youtube dance link, it does cheer me up a bit, maybe a new dance step I can learn someday:


No comments:

Post a Comment