Thursday, October 8, 2015

Practice Day



This morning I had my teeth deep cleaned at my dentist. A lot of good advice and sympathy there. I will be seeing them frequently, teeth cleanings every three months will be part of my new life routine. And the afternoon was spent getting fitted and a ‘practice’ for the radiation treatments. A mesh mask is formed to my face, I wear a stent in my mouth, total lock down. They do a dye CT scan and I get a spot or mark on my chest I am to keep at all costs.The nurse gives me a handful of bandages to put on top to make sure the spot is protected. It is the alignment key for the radiation. I suppose it would be claustrophobic to be sent into a scan tube if you could see but I effectively have a bag over my head so it really doesn’t matter if there is a surface a few inches above my head or if I were outside under the stars.  

And it was tricky breathing, just getting a smooth air flow. Staying calm helped but I am feeling a lot of frustration, I can understand how rockers and rebels just want to break something.





No comments:

Post a Comment